Cadabra Records Subscription 5
Cadabra Records has recently announced the full Subscription 5 line up and I’m ecstatic and deeply honored to be a part of so many of the forthcoming releases as they are all so different and unique! It is an absolute pleasure to continue to work with the Cadabra mastermind Jonathan Dennison on historically important projects that are always so lavishly produced with brilliant artwork and extraordinary attention to detail on every level imaginable. It is such a joy to set music to the tremendous voice talents of Laurence R. Harvey, Anthony D.P. Mann and Andrew Leman. As usual, all of the upcoming soundtracks I’ve composed have been masterfully produced by Barry Knob (who also contributed deeply felt and essential musical parts to select recordings) at Retro City Studios in Philadelphia, PA. I’ve been fortunate enough to collaborate with a number of incredibly talented musicians on some of these projects and more details will be revealed as the applicable projects surface. As a massive fan of Cadabra and composer Fabio Frizzi, I couldn’t be more delighted about the two Frizzi records that are part of Subscription 5, both with amazing exclusives that are special to Subscription 5 holders. The Beyond is my favorite film soundtrack of all time so I’m brimming with excitement to hear the maestro’s newly recorded Composer’s Cut!
The deadline to subscribe is this Friday, May 3rd so this is the final window to do so before it closes. Full Subscription 5 details from Cadabra below…
Cadabra Records Subscription 5
Subscription 5 titles include:
* Ora Pro Nobis 7”. Read by Laurence R. Harvey, music by Chris Bozzone, art by Jeremy Hush. This is a collection of mourning – death poems that were collected in post card sets nearly a century ago to help cope with grief, mourning and loss. We’ve adapted these beautiful pieces into vinyl form.
* Edogawa Rampo, The Caterpillar LP. Read by Laurence R. Harvey, score by Chris Bozzone, art by Zakuro Aoyama. This is easily one of the darkest and most atmospheric releases to date. Includes new essay by Marc Walkow. Housed in single sleeve tip-on jacket. Includes an 18″ x 24″ poster.
* H. P. Lovecraft, I Notturni Di Yuggoth LP. Read by Andrew Leman, music by Fabio Frizzi. Subscription edition includes an alternate triple panel gatefold with art by Karmazid not offered elsewhere. A dark and very classical record performed by all acoustic instrumentation, a listening experience unlike anything you’ve heard before. Based on H. P. Lovecraft’s Fungi From Yuggoth. Housed in a deluxe triple gatefold sleeve, includes poster.
* Edgar Allan Poe, Ligeia LP. Read by Anthony D. P. Mann, score by Chris Bozzone, art by Katy Horan. Housed in a deluxe gatefold tip-on sleeve with new essay by Fabio Cappuzo. Also includes a 18″ x 24″ poster and insert.
* Lucio Fulci, The Beyond – Composer’s Cut LP by Fabio Frizzi. The is a newly recorded, brand new composers cut re-score of the classic film The Beyond. Subscription edition includes alternate cover art by Jeremy Hush not offered elsewhere. Also includes a barf bag and sticker exclusive to subscribers. Housed in a deluxe gatefold tip-on sleeve. A 36″ x 40″ movie sized poster also included.
* Alone in the Woods – Kwaidan 2x LP set. Art by Zakuro Aoyama. This is the first in a new series of music inspired by literary works. Alone in the Woods has created a moving and atmospheric soundtrack to the ghost stories of Kwaidan. Includes a 2nd LP of extended material exclusive to Sub 5 not offered anywhere else. Housed in a deluxe gatefold tip-on sleeve with new essay by Marc Walkow. Also includes a 18″ x 24″ poster.
* H. P. Lovecraft, The Colour Out of Space 2 x LP set. Read by Andrew Leman, score by Chris Bozzone, art by Karmazid. Housed in a deluxe gatefold tip-on sleeve with new essay by weird fiction scholar S. T. Joshi. Also includes a 24″ x 36″ poster and insert.
* Thomas De Quincey Suspiria De Profundis: Levana and Our Ladies of Sorrow 7”. Read by Laurence R. Harvey, score by Chris Bozzone, art by Al Columbia. New essay by J. Blake Fichera author of Score to Death. There are very limited copies of this release, this subscription is the only way to assure a copy.
* Subscription 5 checklist.
Subscribers will be offered first dibs on anything outside of the subscription as well as free domestic shipping when they can be combined with sub packages. Subscribers also get first grabs of out very limited Wax Mage editions and boxed sets.
We also have a very limited option as an add-on for a brand new 7″ series:
Themes From Hell” is a new 7” series which takes 4 main isolated themes from our records to hear loud and in full detail. This Subscription 5 add on includes themes from The Colour out of Space and Ligeia by composer Chris Bozzone. Each 7” includes a hand screen printed fold over jacket. Each 7” is limited to 200x.